Anthony B. Golden
- (702) 850-0202
Attorney Anthony B. Golden (“Tony”) is one of the founding partners of the Garg Golden Law Firm. Tony is a trusted advisor to private and public sector employers in all aspects of the employment relationship. He assists clients in preventative measures by providing training on best practices in hiring, discipline, and discharge, investigating harassment and discrimination claims, and crafting effective workplace policies.
Tony also has a proven track record of successfully representing employers in administrative claims and lawsuits involving minimum wage and overtime, discrimination and harassment, non-compete agreements, and trade secrets.
Tony is a regular speaker on cutting edge issues affecting employers, such as medical and recreational marijuana, same-sex marriage, and social media in the workplace.
Prior to entering private law practice over a decade ago, Tony served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Nancy A. Becker during her term as Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Nevada.
Tony has been recognized by Nevada Business Magazine as one of the top lawyers in Southern Nevada and as a rising star by Mountain States Super Lawyers. He has also achieved an “AV” rating in Martindale-Hubbell, which is the highest peer review rating measuring both ethics and skill.
Speaking Engagements and Other Appearances
- AdvanStaff HR 101 – NV Legislative Session Recap – August 16, 2017 – Las Vegas, NV August 16, 2017
- AdvanStaff HR 101 – Harassment Training and Investigation Tips – Las Vegas, NV May 9, 2017
- Southern Nevada SHRM – Legal Panel Moderator – December 13, 2016
- AdvanStaff HR 101 – A Year in Review – 2016 – Las Vegas, NV December 7, 2016
- AdvanStaff HR 101 – New Overtime Rules. Are you Prepared? – Las Vegas, NV October 11, 2016
- AdvanStaff HR 101 – Safeguarding Data from Rogue Employees – Las Vegas, NV July 20, 2016
- International Public Managers Association Human Resources (IPMA-HR) – Update on Legal and Ethical Issues in the Public Sector – Las Vegas, NV May 19, 2016
- AdvanStaff HR 101 – Independent Contractors and Exemptions: How Trying to Save Money Can Cost You – Las Vegas, NV October 21, 2015.
- State of Nevada – Nevada Public Radio (KNPR 88.9 FM), Guest on the topic Complete Equality: What’s Next For The LGBTQ Community? (Complete Equality: What’s Next For The LGBTQ Community?) – Las Vegas, NV July 1, 2015
- News 3, Las Vegas – Guest on topic Nevada Job Security Jeopardized by Medical Marijuana (Nevada job security jeopardized by medical marijuana) – Las Vegas, NV June 15, 2015
- Quoted – Using Medical Pot Firing Offense in Nevada, Las Vegas Review Journal, Mike Blasky (Using medical pot firing offense in Nevada) – November 4, 2014
- Current Trends and Hot Topics in Public Sector Labor and Employment Law, Southern Nevada International Public Managers Association Annual Conference – Las Vegas, NV May 15, 2014
- Wage & Hour Beyond the Basics, Hospitality Breakfast Briefing – Las Vegas, NV May 14, 2014
- Multiple Topics (Independent Contractors, Breaking Bad Behavior, and Bullying), One Day, Many Solutions Seminar – Las Vegas, NV March 18, 2014
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee, National Association of Professional Pet Sitters Annual Conference – Las Vegas, NV March 7, 2014
- Hiring Employees You Won’t Want To Fire, NAHB International Builders’ Show – Las Vegas, NV February 4, 2014.
- Misclassification (Exemptions and Independent Contractors), Accounting Breakfast Briefing – Las Vegas, NV December 2013
- Keeping Good Records, Sterling Education Seminar – Las Vegas, NV October 4, 2013
- Sex, Lies, and Investigate This (How to Investigate a Complaint of Harassment), Southern Nevada Human Resources Association – Las Vegas, May 2013
- In Our Back Yard: Hot Topics on Nevada Labor and Employment Law, One Day, Many Solutions Seminar – Las Vegas, NV April 2013
- What About Me? Local Issues in Labor and Employment, One Day, Many Solutions Seminar – Las Vegas, NV April 2012
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee and Wage/Hour Overview, National Association of Professional Pet Sitters Annual Conference – Las Vegas, Nevada January 2012
- Compensation Under FLSA and Nevada Wage/Hour, Sterling Education Seminar – Las Vegas, NV July 21, 2011
- Managing the Tangled Web of Complex Leave Laws, One Day, Many Solutions Seminar – Las Vegas, NV April 2011
- Board Member, Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada
- Board Member and Chair of Legislative Committee, Southern Nevada Society for Human Resource Management
Bar & Court Admissions
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D. (2004)
- University of Redlands, B.S. Business Admin. (2001)