Puneet K. Garg
- (702) 850-0202
Attorney Puneet K. Garg is one of the founding partners of the Garg Golden Law Firm. He has vast experience in serving various clients with their different needs. Puneet’s representation of clients has included serving as counsel to Fortune 500 companies, large and small healthcare providers, celebrities, large and small businesses, personal injury victims and individuals needing help with their everyday needs. He has represented clients from all over the world in both state and federal court in Nevada.
Puneet began his career as a lawyer by serving as a judicial law clerk to Judge Bruce A. Markell and Judge Linda B. Riegle with the United States Bankruptcy Court, District of Nevada. During this clerkship, Puneet assisted the respective bankruptcy judges with the handling and evaluation of complex issues that were arising as a result of the then-recent implementation of the Bankruptcy Abuse Prevention and Consumer Protection Act of 2005 (commonly known as BAPCPA). Puneet later moved on to serve as a judicial law clerk to Justice Michael L. Douglas of the Supreme Court of Nevada, where Puneet was responsible for drafting legal memoranda on legal significant issues of first impression and, at the direction of the Supreme Court Justices, drafting published opinions for complex civil and criminal matters.
After completing his clerkships, Puneet became affiliated with one of the largest international law firms in the country and gained extensive experience on a wide range of matters. In one of his biggest cases, Puneet successfully defended a national home builder from a home buyer’s claims that the builder engaged in a scheme of fraud with mortgage companies and title companies to artificially inflate home values. Puneet’s success in this case set a precedent whereby his builder-client and other similarly situated home builders throughout the country were protected from facing thousands of similar lawsuits. Puneet also defended a physician management company in the context of a physician’s dispute for wrongful termination of privileges by a Medical Executive Committee at a rural hospital. Puneet’s work at the large international law firm included earning a reduced sentence for a criminal defendant convicted of mortgage fraud. Puneet later joined a large regional law firm where he continued to build upon his legal experience. His triumphs at the large regional law firm included obtaining a favorable jury verdict of $1.3 million while serving as second chair in a high profile personal injury trial on behalf of a celebrity client.
Puneet has provided outside general counsel services to healthcare providers and has litigated many personal injury cases. He has shown a desire to take on cases that other attorneys have refused to take on. In a wrongful death matter, Puneet was able to secure a settlement of $337,500.00 on behalf of the decedent’s estate and surviving family members after other attorneys had refused to represent these victims. Puneet has also represented hospitals, medical groups, medical executive committees and health providers. His healthcare matters have included issues pertaining to termination of privileges, license suspension and violations of non-compete agreements.
Puneet has also continued to handle criminal matters throughout his career. In one particular matter, Puneet represented a physician under investigation for allegedly administering counterfeit pharmaceuticals upon patients. In another matter, Puneet represented a physician pursuing claims for unpaid partnership benefits while addressing Stark law and Anti-Kickback Statute concerns.
- Representing a medical group in administrative hearings challenging a managed care organization’s efforts to seek recoupment for alleged overpayments
- Representing a group of physicians serving on a hospital’s medical executive committee against claims of wrongful termination of physician privileges
- Representing physicians before the Nevada Board of Medical Examiners and Nevada Board of Pharmacy challenging license suspension and revocation efforts
- Successfully seeking an appeal before the Supreme Court of Nevada on behalf of a medical group to affirm the jury’s award of substantial damages against former physician employees for violation of non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants
- Representing a physician before the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Departmental Appellate Board challenging the OIG’s decision as to excluding the physician from participation in federal programs (e.g., Medicare)
- Successfully seeking injunctive relief on an emergency and permanent basis on behalf of multiple physicians enjoining their professional liability insurance carrier from not tendering full indemnity and defense to the physicians who were alleged to have caused a widespread breakout of hepatitis C
- Representing a medical group for claims against a former employee and medical group for misappropriation of patient lists while addressing HIPAA and overall privacy concerns
- Representing vacation timeshare servicing entities facing trademark infringement claims
- Representing executives of a regional trucking company facing copyright infringement claims
- Successfully arguing before the Supreme Court of Nevada to affirm the district court’s grant of a preliminary injunction on behalf of a large operator of casinos and gaming devices
- Successfully seeking judicial review of a tax agency decision on behalf of a national home service warranty company whereby the district court reversed the tax agency’s decision to not refund hundreds of thousands of dollars in inadvertently paid taxes
- Successfully seeking judicial review of a motor vehicle agency decision on behalf of a celebrity client who purportedly had an inappropriate personalized license plate.
Accolades and Distinctions
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Rated by Avvo as Top Attorney 10.0 Superb
- Named by Desert Companion Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers in Litigation
- Named by Vegas Inc. Magazine as one of the Top 40 Under 40 Professionals
- Recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award by Asian American Group of Las Vegas
- Selected by Nevada Business Magazine as one of the Legal Elite Top 150 Attorneys
- Named by Vegas Inc. Magazine as one of the Top Lawyers in Lawsuits/Disputes
- Inducted in the “100 Hours Club” by Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
- Selected by Nevada Business Magazine as one of the Legal Elite Top 100 Attorneys
- Selected by Nevada Business Magazine as one of the Top 20 Up and Coming Attorneys
- Consistently ranked as a Rising Star by Mountain States Super Lawyers
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court, District of Nevada
- UNLV William S. Boyd School of Law, J.D. (2005)
- University of Arizona – Eller College of Management, B.A. Business Admin. (2002)